We are often asked ‘what will physiotherapy do for me?’
Our Physiotherapists are often asked will Physiotherapy help my sporting injury, back or neck pain or an other problem. Physios are trained to assess the joints, muscles and nerves to see if there is anything wrong in any of those structures. From that assessment your Physiotherapist provides treatment which can reduce your pain, help improve your performance and very importantly prevent the problem from happening again. Physiotherapists are trained to assess your movement and use a variety of treatment techniques and exercises to get you moving again – pain free.
Once you’ve injured yourself Physiotherapy has two roles to play. The first is that many of the techniques we use can help speed up the healing process and reduce the pain and stiffness. We can also assess some of the causes of why you might have hurt yourself and devise strategies to help you overcome and avoid those horrible injuries from recurring. This might mean we will look at your footwear or look at your sporting technique or address and flexibility or strength issues that you might have.
As many of our patients tell us the pain just came on over time. This can be as a result of work or overtime due to sport. You Physiotherapist can assess the likely causes of your pain and help you to reduce and in most instances get rid of the pain completely and help prevent it happening again.
Your Physio can assess sports men and women of any level with or without injury problems to help them achieve that performance edge.
Physiotherapy isn’t just about muscles, we assess and treat joint (bone), muscle and nerve problems
Why Coastal Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic?
All the physiotherapists at Coastal Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic have extensive post graduate experience and employ the latest physio techniques and treatment options that work. They have many techniques to choose from and it is rare that your physiotherapist will just do one technique. Any exercises provided will be unique to you and will meet your specific needs. We only treat one patient at a time and all treatment is hands on.
The treatment provided will always be supportive and caring whilst pushing you in a gentle manner to achieve your best. Our aim is always to achieve the best result in the shortest possible time.
We look to achieve quick but lasting solutions to all your pain and injury needs.
- We provide some of the following physio treatment options:
- Joint mobilisation and manipulation
- Specific retraining and strengthening of muscles
- Muscle stretching strategies
- Self joint mobilisation techniques
- Mobilisation of the nerves
- Specific massage techniques to help reduce soft tissue tension
- McKenzie therapy
- Mulligan’s mobilisation
- Expert Assessment and correction of posture
- Swiss ball training
- Dry Needling (acupuncture)
- Work set up advice and correction
- Taping to help prevent injuries and reduce pain
- Mirror box training
- Exercise programs for lumbar and cervical control and pain
- Ultrasound and TENS
- Physio led Pilates classes and training to help improve neck and back control and strength
- Strength training specific to your sport
- Flexibility and warm up programmes
- Plyometric training for explosive sports
- Functional Myofascial Kinetics ©
- Myofascial stretching
Your Gold Coast Physio with the skills to get you moving again!
Your assessment will determine your treatment and the Physiotherapy options available to you will be discussed with you.
[bs_well size=”md”]For more information, or to book your initial consultation, talk to your friendly Gold Coast Physio today on (07) 5574 4303.[/bs_well]